Isaac Murphy Bicycle Club
Isaac Murphy Bicycle Club (IMBC)
About Kids! Bikes! Legacy Trail!
Isaac Murphy Bike Club is the vision of Professor Frank X Walker
Overview: Linking inner city kids to Lexington’s Legacy Trail by providing them with bikes and equipment, education and training, mentors, and healthy eating guidance. The Legacy Trail begins at the Isaac Murphy Memorial Art Garden in the East End and continues to the Kentucky Horse Park.
Goals of the Isaac Murphy Bike club are:
· To build artistic bike racks at the William Wells Brown Elementary School and the Lexington Traditional Middle School
· To recruit organizational sponsors to sponsor a monthly ride
· To link youth with bike repair educators such as Broke Spoke to learn about bike care and maintenance
· To create a bike warehouse to accept donations of bikes
· To identify partners who could provide tandem bikes that can be loaned to participant’s families
· To create a website for members to share information and also includes serial number registration to aid in the recovery of lost or stolen bikes
To register with the UK Chapter of the IMBC, please complete the attached Registration Form and submit.We hope this project will contribute to the legacy of the great Isaac Murphy and Lexington’s rich thoroughbred history!