Take Root: A Reproductive Justice Panel cebe242 Thu, 08/29/2019 - 01:55 pm
Date: Oct 8, 2019 (Tuesday)
Light Lunch Reception: 11:15am-12:15pm, Multipurpose Room, WTY Library
Panel: 12:30-1:45pm, UKAA Auditorium, WTY Library
Evening Reception: 5-7pm, Lyric Theater
As part of the Year of Equity programming, this panel brings together organizers, activists, and healthcare providers from national organizations red states to discuss challenges, approaches, and perspectives in advancing reproductive justice. Centering on the experiences and leadership of women, trans, and non-binary people of color, this panel will present latest community research, initiatives, and advocacy on reproductive justice.
Panelists, in alphabetical order, include:
- Kelli Goode, Trans rights activist, artist, and cultural writer
- Dr. Nikia Grayson, Director of Midwifery Services, CHOICES
- Oriaku Njoku, Executive Director and Co-founder, Access Reproductive Care-Southeast
- Jessica Roach, Executive Director and Founder, ROOTT
- Cherisse Scott, CEO and Founder, SisterReach
- Ondine Quinn, MSW, Sexuality Educator and Board Treasurer, Kentucky Health Justice Network
In addition to the Year of Equity, this event is co-sponsored by the departments of Anthropology, Gender and Women Studies, Sociology, and Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Studies; the Office of LGBTQ* Resources, the Center for Health Equity Transformation, the Center for Equality and Social Justice, Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health, the National Advocates for Pregnant Women, and Kentucky Health Justice Network.
William T. Young Library Auditorium
Type of Event (for grouping events):